Saturday, February 9, 2008

Two posts in one weekend!


Well, since I went back to work full time, I've had very little time for crafting and blogging. But, this weekend, I was inspired and created two cards with two tutorials. This latest Valentine card is more traditional in it's look, but uses an unusual technique. I call it the rock 'n' roll twist. You take a solid image stamp and ink it up in a light color. Then, you ink the edges of the images in a darker color. Then, you stamp the image, but instead of traditional stamping, you stamp and twist the image. Doing this on glossy paper gives a slightly blurred, tie-dyed look to the image. It's a very cool effect.
Click the image to the right to enlarge it and see the detail of the blurred hearts.

Here are the supplies you'll need:
Pretty in Pink cardstock
Ruby Red cardstock
White glossy cardstock
Ruby Red ink
Positively Pink ink
Your favorite Valentine images
I used Stampin' Up!'s Like it a Latte heart
and Close to My Heart's You and Me set



1 comment:

julieg2000 said...

Your cards are great! Thank you so much for showing how to make them.
with a smile :)
Julie G