Thursday, March 29, 2007

Challenging challenges

I absolutely LOVE doing the challenges at SCS. They give me a great starting point for making a creative card! I've done a couple of them this week, and was really happy with the results on both of them.

For this card, the challenge was to make something out of punches. This was the perfect challenge for me since I've made it a personal challenge to try to make animals out of circle punches! I made this little doggy from two 1" circles. A whole circle was used for the doggie body, and pieces of another circle were used for the doggie's legs, tail, head, and ears. I was inspired to make a sad doggie by the blue and brown designer paper. The "feeling blue" tag was cut using my Cuttlebug. My new favorite toy!


This next card was made for the "sketch challenge" this week. The sketch challenge is probably my favorite one each week. Creative layouts are usually my biggest obstacle in making cards. The sketch challenge provides me with the layout idea, and then I can let the creative juices flow for the rest of it. This card has a lot of things going on, but I love how it turned out. My daffodils outside inspired the color scheme, and it just blossomed from there! The designer paper is Me and My Big Ideas, and the "cute" image is copyright Stampin' Up! I used pewter flower brads to attach the ribbon on the side, which has been distressed with ink and frayed at the ends. The swirly background was embossed using my Cuttlebug.

No comments: